Help developers of medium and large software systems to use the collaboration and automation features of GitLab in order to improve sustainability in their projects.
This workshop teaches you how to use basic and advanced GitLab features to collaborate with others on a software project.
You will learn how to:
- Effectively plan and track work using issues
- Review change suggestions with merge requests
- Create and document releases, and
- How to automate repetitive tasks with continuous integration pipelines.
We will complete a few simulated iterations of the software development lifecycle in a demo project, both alone and in a team.
- Basic Git skills are needed. A good and quick tutorial can be found in the Software Carpentry’s “Git Novice” episodes 1 to 9.
- You require your laptop, plus the Git command line or a graphical client, a modern web browser, and a text editor.