CentresHelmholtz Centre Potsdam GFZ German Research Centre for Geosciences
KeywordsGravity Magnetic Modelling
Research fieldEarth & Environment
Scientific communityStructural Modelling
IGMAS+ in a nutshell
Modern geophysical interpretation requires an interdisciplinary approach and software capable of handling multiple inhomogeneous data like seismic, FTG gravity, magnetic and magnetotelluric in complex geological environments.
IGMAS+ (Interactive Gravity and Magnetic Application System) is a geo-modelling software for three-dimensional joint inversion of potential fields and its derivatives under the condition of constraining data and independent information.
Three-dimensional gravity and magnetic modelling appreciably improves the results of distinct depth imaging projects. This regards especially to areas of strong lateral seismic velocity and density contrasts and corresponding imaging problems. Typical areas where grav/mag modelling has been successfully used are sub-salt and sub-basalt settings.
What makes IGMAS+ highly efficient and user-friendly is that it allows adjusting the geometries and physical properties of modelled subsurface bodies interactively, i.e. while the corresponding calculated and measured potential field components are visualized together with independent observations.
See our main publication list, as well as related publications and citing instructions.
A brief summary of recent functionality
- Fully featured graphical user interface
- Algorithm kernel
- Polyhedron formula for triangulation, mass points and FFT for voxel cubes
- Borehole gravity
- Gravity field components Gx, Gy and Gz
- Full tensor gravity gradient
- Magnetic field components Bx, By and Bz
- Remanent and induced rock magnetisation
- Full tensor of magnetic gradients
- Model input
- Import regular or irregular horizon data
- Voxel cubes / Voxet
- Simultaneous use of triangulated and gridded (voxel) data
- Geometry and parameter editor
- Interactive modification of vertices and physical parameters with instant field updates
- Optimisation (inversion) of physical parameters, including grouped voxel cell effects
- Interactive geometry changes automatically affect the voxel cube
- Multiple undockable views (cross sections, maps)
- Object browser including property editor for all model elements
- Multicore processing
- Multi language support
- Extensive User Manual
Back to Software Spotlights Overview